Why would you need to do this?
1. Over 90% of searches are done using Google search engine.
2. Over 50% of these searches are done on mobiles or tablets etc., and this is increasing daily.
3. Google is preferentially indexing websites that are mobile/tablet friendly.
4. Google is not going to preferentially index your website if it is not.
In general Google wants to give users a great internet experience through returning the best websites or web pages for each search term. If you, the user, get relevant sites listed from your Google searches, you are more likely to keep using Google.
You are most likely the owner of a smartphone and while away the hours sitting comfortably browsing the internet. It is much more convenient than sitting up at your PC or Mac. It has been predicted that 2 Billion Consumers Worldwide to get Smartphones by 2016.
Back in 2014 it was reported that Google was already penalising websites that were not mobile friendly – read here
In the event that you haven’t noticed the shift toward mobile browsing, Google certainly has. Google has announced that changes are coming to its search algorithm which will gauge whether or not your site is mobile-friendly, and demote it in relevant searches. http://www.brightlabs.com.au/page/Blog/Optimise-Mobile-Friendly-Website/
What can you do about it?
1. Get a mobile optimised website (a responsive CMS website)
We recommend WordPress CMS.
2. If you have a non responsive WordPress CMS, you can get it optimised.
82 King Street
Call: 0161 935 8015/8016
Progress House, 396 Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester, M20 3BN.